Synology DS1819+ is an 8-bay NAS designed for small and medium-sized businesses, providing outstanding performance with great expandability. With various built-in applications and comprehensive data protection technologies, DS1819+ fulfills different business needs while safeguarding users' valuable digital assets. DS1819+ is backed up by Synology's 3-year limited warranty.
Scalable Storage with Outstanding Performance
DS1819+ is an 8-bay desktop network attached storage built with great scalability and performance, ideally suitable for growing businesses. You can easily scale it up to 18 drives with two expansion unit DX5174 when needing more storage capacity. In addition, M.2 SSD adapter M2D183 is available for you to supercharge the random IOPS through SSD cache, while an optional 10Gb Ethernet adapter escalates data transmission bandwidth to meet intensive workload demands
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
DS1819+ introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
- Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows shared folders to be backed up in a minimum 5-minute interval, without consuming heavy system resources.
- File and folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
- Flexible Shared Folder and User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
- File self-healing: Btrfs file system is able to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, including RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
- Advanced LUN offered by the cutting-edge iSCSI service built for administrators provides lightning-fast snapshot creation, recovery and cloning.
Ultimate Backup Solution
DS1819+ integrates various backup applications to safeguard your important data on any device with an intuitive user interface and durable storage technologies.
Desktop backup: Cloud Station Backup safeguards your PC, Mac, and other desktop devices. DS1819+ is also compatible with Time Machine, allowing you to effortlessly backup your Mac to Synology NAS.
- NAS backup: Hyper Backup comprehensively backs up your data to a local shared folder, an external device, another Synology NAS, an rsync server, or a public cloud service to ensure data safety. • Server/VMware backup:
- Server/VMware backup: Active Backup for Business centralizes backup tasks for VMware virtual machines, Windows PC, servers, and rsync/SMB file servers. Fast and reliable
recovery options ensure running services, VMs and files instantly available when needed. • SaaS backup: Active Backup for Office 365/G Suite is an on-premise backup solution for public clouds with a centralized dashboard, optimizing storage efficiency through the single instancing and block-level deduplication technology
Powerful Collaboration Solution
Use the collaboration suite on your Synology NAS to build a private cloud to enhance team cooperation and boost productivity.
Virtual Machine Manager
DS1819+ is designed with virtualization in mind. Virtual Machine Manager enables you to test new software in sandboxes, isolate your customers' machines, and increase the flexibility of your server.