- 24 x 10/100/1,000 Base-T Ethernet ports, 2 Gig SFP and 2 dual-purpose 10/100/1,000 or SFP
- AC power supply, supporting RPS
- Forwarding performance: 42 Mpps
- Switching Capacity: 256 Gbit/s
The S5700-LI series smart energy-saving switches reduce power consumption without degrading system performance or user experience. The S5700-LI series uses innovative energy-saving technologies including Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE), port power detection, dynamic CPU frequency adjustment, and device sleep mode. These technologies help reduce power consumption by adjusting power depending on the Up/Down states of links, presence/absence of optical modules, shutdown and undo shutdown operations on ports, and peak and off-peak hours. The S5700-LI series is the industry’s first switch series that supports device sleep mode, and provides three energy saving modes to adapt to different usage scenarios: standard, basic, and deep modes
Flexible Ethernet networking
- In addition to traditional Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP), and Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP), the S5700-LI supports Huawei-developed Smart Ethernet Protection (SEP) technology and the latest Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS) standard. SEP is a ring protection protocol specific to the Ethernet link layer, and applies to various ring network topologies, such as open ring topology, closed ring topology, and cascading ring topology. This protocol is reliable, easy to maintain, and implements fast protection switching. ERPS is defined in ITU-T G.8032. It implements millisecond-level protection switching based on traditional Ethernet MAC and bridging functions
- The S5700-LI supports SmartLink, which implements backup of uplinks. One S5700-LI switch can connect to multiple aggregation switches through multiple links, significantly improving reliability of access devices.
- The S5700-LI supports Ethernet OAM (IEEE 802.3ah/802.1ag) to fast-detect link faults
- S5700-10P-LI supports IPv4 static routing and Layer 3 hardware forwarding
Diversified security control
- The S5700-LI supports 802.1x authentication, MAC address authentication, and combined authentication on a per-port basis, as well as Portal authentication on a per VLANIF interface basis, and implements dynamic policy delivery (VLAN, QoS, and ACL) to users
- The S5700-LI provides a series of mechanisms to defend against DoS attacks and user-targeted attacks. DoS attacks are targeted at switches and include SYN flood, Land, Smurf, and ICMP flood attacks. User-targeted attacks include bogus DHCP server attacks, IP/MAC address spoofing, DHCP request flood, and changing of the DHCP CHADDR value
- The S5700-LI collects and maintains information about access users, such as IP addresses, MAC addresses, IP address leases, VLAN IDs, and interface numbers in a DHCP snooping binding table. In this way, IP addresses and access interfaces of DHCP users can be tracked. You can specify DHCP snooping trusted and untrusted ports to ensure that users connect only to the authorized DHCP server
- The S5700-LI supports strict ARP learning. This feature prevents ARP spoofing attackers from exhausting ARP entries so that users can connect to the Internet normally
Easy operation and maintenance
- The S5700-LI supports Huawei Easy Operation, a solution that provides zero-touch deployment, replacement of faulty devices without additional configuration, USB-based deployment, batch configuration, and batch remote upgrade. The Easy Operation solution facilitates device deployment, upgrade, service provisioning, and other management and maintenance operations, and also greatly reduces costs of operation and maintenance. The S5700-LI can be managed and maintained using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) V1, V2, and V3, Command Line Interface (CLI), web-based network management system, or Secure Shell (SSH) V2.0. Additionally, it supports remote network monitoring (RMON), multiple log hosts, port traffic statistics collection, and network quality analysis that helps with network consolidation and reconstruction
- EasyDeploy: The Commander collects information about the topology of the client connecting to the Commander and saves client startup information based on the topology. The client can be replaced without configuration. Configuration and scripts can be delivered to the client in batches. In addition, the configuration delivery result can be queried
- The Commander can collect and display power consumption on the entire network
- The S5700-LI can use the GARP VLAN Registration Protocol (GVRP) to implement dynamic distribution, registration, and propagation of VLAN attributes. GVRP reduces manual configuration workload and ensures correct configuration. Additionally, the S5700-LI supports MUX VLAN, which involves a principal VLAN and multiple subordinate VLANs. Subordinate VLANs are classified into group VLANs and separate VLANs. Ports in the principal VLAN can communicate with ports in subordinate VLANs. Ports in a subordinate group VLAN can communicate with each other, whereas ports in a subordinate separate VLAN can communicate only with ports in the principal VLAN. The S5700-LI also supports VLAN Central Management Protocol (VCMP) and VLAN-Based Spanning Tree (VBST) protocol
- The S5700-LI supports intelligent stack (iStack). This technology combines multiple switches into a logical switch. Member switches in a stack implement redundancy backup to improve device reliability and use inter-device link aggregation to improve link reliability. iStack provides high network scalability. You can increase ports, bandwidth, and processing capacity of a stack by simply adding member switches to the stack. iStack also simplifies device configuration and management. After a stack is set up, multiple physical switches are virtualized into one logical device. You can log in to any member switch in the stack to manage all the member switches in the stack.
Excellent network traffic analysis
- The S5700-LI supports the sFlow function. It uses a method defined in the sFlow standard to sample traffic passing through it and sends sampled traffic to the collector in real time. The collected traffic statistics are used to generate statistical reports, helping enterprises maintain their networks.
CSFP providing high-density access and increased bandwidth
- CSFP switches support downlink CSFP ports. Each downlink CSFP port equipped with a CSFP GE optical module and one pair of fibers can provide bi-directional 2 Gbit/s bandwidth, which is two times the bandwidth of standard SFP optical modules. The 24 downlink CSFP ports can provide 48 Gbit/s bandwidth bi-directionally, implementing high-density access (equal to access of 48 standard SFP ports) and saving the cost of deploying fibers and adding optical modules.
Easy O&M with front panel
- The models with front power sockets can be installed in a 300 mm deep cabinet, and can be maintained through the front panel. This simplifies operation and maintenance. The cabinets can be placed against the wall or back to back, and is well-suited for shallow cabinets and limited equipment room space.