Award-winning, high-capacity, highly-compact 9-bay multimedia NAS with 10GbE connectivity
The TVS-951X is powered by a 7th-generation Intel® Celeron® 3865U low-power dual-core processor, with 2GB DDR4 dual-channel memory (up to 32GB) and features a hybrid drive bay design (including five 3.5-inch drive bays and four 2.5-inch SSD bays) that supports up to nine drives in the same physical space as a 5-bay NAS. When 2.5-inch SSDs are installed in their dedicated bays, you can enable SSD caching and Qtier auto-tiering technologies to boost overall system performance. As the price of SSDs continues to become more accessible, the TVS-951X provides a high-performance and budget-friendly storage solution for SMBs. The TVS-951X also features a built-in 10GBASE-T/NBASE-T port for you to build a 10GbE high-speed network environment.
- A single 10GBASE-T/NBASE-T port provides 10GbE connectivity for accelerating virtualization tasks and file sharing.
- Qtier™ technology and SSD caching enable 24/7 optimized storage efficiency.
- Snapshots fully record the system status and data, allowing you to protect files and data from accidental deletion and malware attacks.
- Full support for virtualization and containerized applications, centralized storage, backup, sharing, and disaster recovery.
- 4K media playback and online transcoding. HDMI output for direct multimedia playback.
- Expand available storage with UX-800P or UX-500P expansion enclosures or by using QNAP's VJBOD technology to use the unused storage capacity of other QNAP NAS.
- CPU - Intel® Celeron® 3865U dual-core 1.8 GHz processor
- Graphics - Intel® HD Graphics 610
- System Memory - 8 GB DDR4 (2 x 4 GB)
- Maximum Memory - 32 GB (2 x 16 GB)
- Memory Slot - 2 x SODIMM DDR4, with dual-channel support
- Flash Memory - 512MB DOM
- Drive Bay - 5 x 3.5" SATA 6 Gbps HDD
- 4 x 2.5" SATA 6 Gbps SSD, max 9.5mm drive height
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet Port - 1 x RJ45 10GBASE-T, supporting 10G/5G/2.5G/1G/100M speeds
- Gigabit Ethernet Port - 1 x RJ45
- USB One Touch Copy - Front：USB 3.0 Type-A
- USB Port - 3 x USB 3.0 (Front：1；Rear：2)
- HDMI Output - 1 x HDMI v1.4b, up to 4096 x 2304, 24 Hz
Hybrid structure for enabling SSD and tiered storageSSD prices continue to fall, but creating a full-SSD storage solution is still out of reach for most users - especially if they require high-capacity storage. The TVS-951X provides the ability to use a hybrid storage structure that leverages the benefits of both hard drives and SSD to provide high storage capacity and high performance. You can flexibly allocate applications to SSDs, set up a SSD cache, or use Qtier™ technology to automatically tier your frequently-accessed files to the SSD for the highest access speeds. Users can take advantage of these features to fully optimize the storage utilization of the TVS-951X.
Enjoy the Roon experience without a PCRoon, the music player for music lovers, identifies all the music stored on the NAS and consolidates them in Roon’s interconnected digital library. You can browse and play music with Roon apps on any compatible device for multi-zone multimedia experiences. The TVS-951X supports the Roon Server app in the QTS App Center and provides the performance, storage potential, and SSD caching to optimize music streaming, providing the perfect choice for the optimum music experience!
High-speed 10GbE network connectivity
TVS-951X features a built-in 10GBASE-T network port to provide 10GbE high-speed network connectivity. You can use the TVS-951X with QNAP's 10GbE unmanaged switch (sold separately) to upgrade your network infrastructure to benefit from faster transfer speeds and to improve bandwidth-demanding applications. Both the TVS-951X and QNAP's 10GbE unmanaged switches support NBASE-T (10G/5G/2.5G/1G/100M) five-speed network technology so you don’t have to replace the existing Cat 5e, 6 and 6a cables in your current network infrastructure.
Protect data with snapshots
Snapshots help protect your data by fully recording the NAS system state and metadata. If a file is accidentally deleted or modified, you can use snapshots from the Storage & Snapshots Manager or the File Station to quickly restore the file to its previously-recorded state. QNAP snapshots are block-based and only record the changed data. Not only does this save storage space but also reduces the time required to back up and restore data. The TVS-951X supports up to 256 snapshots per volume/LUN, and up to 1,024 snapshots in total.
Multi-point file backup, access and syncThe TVS-951X centrally stores data and files, and supports SMB/CIFS, AFP and NFS protocols for file sharing across Windows®, Mac®, and Linux®/UNIX® devices. Coupled with Qsync (a utility that turns a QNAP NAS into a safe, high-capacity data center for file synchronization) any file uploaded to the TVS-951X will be made available for all linked devices, such as computers, laptops and mobile devices. Hybrid Backup Sync can help you easily backup or synchronize data on the TVS-951X to other QNAP NAS, remote servers, or cloud storage for easy disaster recovery.