The TS-963X is an affordable NAS for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) with AMD Embedded G-Series
GX-420MC quad-core 2.0 GHz processor, 9 drive bays and a built-in 5-speed 1OGBASE-T port for up to 1OGb connectivity. Four 2.5-inch drive bays can be used to install SSDs to enable caching and Qtier technology. One built-in 5-speed 1OGBASE-T port (1OG/5G/2 .5G/ 1G/1OOM) also increases productivity of businesses with existing Cat 5e/6 cables,without extra costs or additionalinstallation procedures. Combined with several QNAP technologies including VJBOD,Container Station,and Virtualization Station,the TS-963X has the potentialto empower a wide range of business applications and can also be easily expanded to fit future data storage requirements.
- Install up to four SSDs in the dedicated 2.5-inch drive bays to enable SSD caching and Qtier for optimal system performance.
- The built-in 10GBASE-T port empowers mission-critical applications such as databases and virtualization.
- The TS-963X can directly host virtual machines and containers, and act as storage for hypervisors such as VMware®, Citrix® and Microsoft® Hyper-V®.
- The Hybrid Backup Sync app completes your backup strategies, allowing you to back up, restore and sync files locally and remotely.
- Snapshots add an extra layer of protection to your disaster recovery plans, giving you the flexibility to create and revert snapshots locally and/or remotely.
- Besides conventional expansion enclosures, the TS-963X can utilize QNAP's Virtual JBOD technology to use the unused storage capacity of other QNAP NAS.
- CPU: 2GHz quad-core AMD G-Series GX-420MC
- Memory: 8GB DDR3L SO-DIMM (max 16GB)
- Storage: 5 x LFF, 4 x SFF hot-swap SATA drive bays
- Array support: RAID0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60, JBOD, Single, hot-spare
- Network: Gigabit, 10GBase-T (supports NBase-T)
- Other ports: 2 x USB 3, 2 x USB 2
- Expansion slots: None
- Management: Web browser
Boost perfor mance with SSDs and Qtier
The TS-963X comes with four dedicated 2.5-inch drives bays that are ideal for installing SSDs. With SSDs,you can enable Qtier which offers both tiered storage and cac he-like mechanisms for both volumes and iSCSI LUNs. This allows the TS-963X to be further accelerated to meet the performance requirements of demanding applications such as virtualization.
High-flexibility virtualization and virtual switches
The TS-963X supports versatile virtualization technologies such as containers (LXC and Docker®) and virtual machines (VMs), so you can easily migrate existing applications to or deploy new solutions on the TS-963X. Virtual switches support several modes for connecting containers, VMs, NAS, and physical network interfaces for flexibly deploying business IT infrastructure while ensuring high security.
Secure your data with snapshots and Hybrid Backup Sync
A complete disaster recovery plan requires multiple layers of data protection and backups. The TS-963X can use snapshots to record the state of files and changes to them at the block level, so you can quickly revert to previous versions should an accident (such as deletion or malware attack) occur. For added data security, the Hybrid Backup Sync app can help back up, restore and sync files to/from local external devices, remote NAS and public cloud services.
Convenient file exchange with cross-platform file sharing and Qsync
The TS-963X supports SMB/CIFS, NFS, and AFP protocols for file sharing across Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX networks. Data can be centrally stored and protected by rigid security measures provided by the TS-963X. The Windows AD and LDAP services enable system administrators to configure user permissions by using an existing Windows AD server, LDAP server or built-in LDAP service. To sync data across devices, including mobile phones and tablets, simply install Qsync Central on the NAS and Qsync clients on other devices to enjoy a fast, private, secure and real-time file sync service.