Affordable high-end AMD RX-421ND quad-core NAS with PCIe slots for adding M.2 SSD, 10GbE connectivity, and a graphics cardThe TS-873 is powered by a high-performance and energy-efficient AMD R-Series CPU and provides two PCIe slots for greater functionality. You can install a QNAP QM2 expansion card to add M.2 SSD caching/10GbE connectivity; a compatible wireless card to use the TS-873 as a wireless access point; and an entry-level graphics card to boost system performance for 4K video performance. The TS-873 allows you to flexibly deploy a wide range of applications with a more affordable budget.
- Two PCIe Gen3 x4 slots support QM2 cards, 10GbE adapters, or wireless network cards.
- Supports entry-level graphics card, allowing for 4K video transcoding and output.
- Dual M.2 SATA 6 Gb/s SSD slots allow for setting up caching or storage pools, improving file access efficiency.
- Qtier™ auto-tiering technology and SSD caching enable 24/7 optimized storage efficiency.
- Scalable storage supporting virtualization, containerized apps, centralized storage, backup, sharing, and disaster recovery.
- Snapshots fully record system status and data. If files are accidentally deleted or modified, you can quickly restore the data from a snapshot.
- AMD R-Series RX-421ND quad-core 2.1 GHz processor (Turbo Core up to 3.4 GHz)
- Processor: AMD R-Series RX-421ND quad-core 2.1 GHz processor, Turbo Core up to 3.4 GHz
- System Memory: 4 GB DDR4 (2 x 2 GB)
- Maximum Memory: 64 GB (4 x 16 GB)
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet Port: 2 x PCIe 3.0 x4 Support low-profile 10GbE LAN card
- Gigabit Ethernet Port: 4 x RJ45 x Gigabit ports
- Drive Compatibility: 3.5-inch SATA hard disk drives, 2.5-inch SATA hard disk drives, 2.5-inch SATA solid state drives
- RAID: Supported RAID types: RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, JBOD, Single
Greater NAS potential with two PCIe slots
The TS-873 features two PCIe (Gen3 x4) slots, allowing for installing single/dual-port 10GbE NICs to accelerate applications that demand higher bandwidth such as virtualization, media workflows, and backup/restoration tasks for an ever-growing amount of data; or a USB 3.1 Gen2 (10Gb/s) expansion card for transferring large media files to and from USB storage. You can also install QM2 cards, wireless network cards or an entry-level graphics card to extend NAS functionality.
Note: USB 3.1 performance may vary depending on hardware/software limitations and usage environment.
Top-class hardware engineering
The strong and feature-packed hardware bolsters overall system performance. Coupled with a flexible and expandable architecture, the TS-873 can fulfill diverse application needs.
- M.2 SSD LED - Shows M.2 SSD status and data access.
- Infrared receiver - Compatible with the QNAP RM-IR004 remote control (sold separately) for use with multimedia applications and QButton functionality.
- 2 x PCIe Gen3 expansion slots - PCIe Gen3 x4; supports QM2 cards, 10GbE LAN, wireless network cards, entry-level graphics card and various PCIe expansion cards.
- USB one-touch-copy - Press the "Copy" button to instantly back up data from USB storage to the NAS, or alternatively to back up data from the NAS to USB storage.
- M.2 SSD LED - Press the "Copy" button to instantly back up data from USB storage to the NAS, or alternatively to back up data from the NAS to USB storage.
- Up to 64GB DDR4 RAM - Supports four DDR4 SODIMM memory modules (comes preinstalled with 4GB/8GB RAM).
- 2 x M.2 SSD slots - SSupports SATA 6Gb/s M.2 SSD with 2260 and 2280 form factors; allows the greatest flexibility in tiered storage configuration and enables cache acceleration.
- Compartmentalized smart cooling - Separately detects the CPU and hard drive temperatures to dynamically control fan speeds for quieter operations.
- AMD R-Series Embedded x86 CPU - Quad-core RX-421ND 2.1 GHz SoC (35W), Turbo Core up to 3.4 GHz.
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet ports - Allows optimized network traffic distribution for diverse applications.
Optimal computing power and 4K video playback with a graphics card
The TS-873 allows for installing a low-power graphics card (powered solely by the PCIe slot) to boost system performance. With a graphics card installed, the TS-873 also enables smoother video editing workflows and supports 4K UHD transcoding to deliver an exceptional multimedia experience. You can also use the QNAP remote control (sold separately) or the Qremote mobile app to use the NAS as a home theater PC.
Supported video formats depend on the hardware and software specifications of the devices. Playback capability and quality may vary due to factors including the original file formats/quality, hardware and software limitations, and output devices.
Consult the QNAP Compatibility List before purchasing the graphics card.
Graphics card will be supported in QTS 4.3.5 (or later) version.
QTS – The intelligent, intuitive and creative NAS operating system
With modularized multiple applications and functions, QTS enhances management efficiency, personal productivity, multimedia, and much more, making your NAS experience easier, efficient, and more flexible! The built-in App Center with hundreds of install-on-demand apps realizes near-limitless NAS functionality. The new Qboost provides a NAS optimization tool that helps accelerate applications, recover system resources, and schedule applications. QTS breaks the barriers of devices, platforms, and geography to bring you optimized cloud experiences and incorporates advanced features.