High-performance Intel quad-core NAS supporting HDMI, transcoding, and virtualization for homes and businessesFacing the increasing demand for data storage, sharing and multimedia processing, more and more users are looking for a NAS system with good performance and an affordable price tag. The Intel® quad-core TS-451+ provides an uncompromising high-performance scalable storage solution for professional users. Powered by the intelligent QTS 4.2 operating system, the TS-451+ performs as an easy-to-use yet powerful NAS for data backup, file synchronization and sharing, remote access and multimedia applications, and is ideal for users to create a secure private cloud to access their data easily.
- Centralize your file storage, sharing and backup with excellent performance
- Run multiple Windows®, Linux®, UNIX® and Android™ based virtual machines with the Virtualization Station
- Operate multiple isolated Linux® systems as well as download containerized apps with Container Station
- Enjoy the best audio-visual experience with HDMI output and the free remote control
- Transcode Full HD videos on-the-fly or offline*
- Stream multimedia files via DLNA®, AirPlay®, Chromecast™ and Bluetooth® with multi-zone multimedia control
- Quickly find specific files by real-time, natural search with Qsirch
- Scale up to 12 drives with QNAP UX-800P expansion enclosure
- Processor - Intel Celeron Quad-Core
- Clock Speed -Base: 2.0GHz / Maximum Boost: 2.42 GHz
- GPU - Intel HD Graphics
- Total Installed Memory - 2 GB DDR3L
- User-Replaceable Memory - 1 x 2 GB
- Total Memory Slots - 2 x SO-DIMM
Real-time & offline video transcoding*
The TS-451+ delivers superior real-time video transcoding (up to 4K H.264) to convert your videos to formats that can be smoothly played on PCs, mobile devices and Smart TVs. It allows for multiple devices to simultaneously view different videos stored on the TS-451+ with on-the-fly hardware accelerated transcoding, saving your time in converting videos to different formats for different devices.
With the benefits of offline transcoding, if you can only connect to an Internet connection with limited/restricted bandwidth, you can still enjoy smooth videos via File Station, Video Station, or the Qfile app by selecting a pre-rendered lower-resolution video, saving system resources of the TS-451+ for other applications. The TS-451+ also allows you to set a dedicated folder for automatic video transcoding.
Enjoy media freely with multi-zone multimedia control
Use your TS-451+ as a multi-zone multimedia system to fill every corner of your house with your choice of media. You can centrally manage and stream photos, music and videos from the TS-451+ to different rooms from a single device using Bluetooth®& USB devices connected to the TS-451+ (for music streaming only), HDMI, DLNA®, Apple TV® and Chromecast™*. Every room member in different zones can enjoy the convenience and simplicity for media playback and multimedia storage.
Alternatively, to enjoy multimedia yourself, you can choose DLNA-compatible devices, use the Qfile app on an iOS® device to browse videos/photos and play on the TV via Apple TV®, or transform the TS-451+ into a powerful streaming machine with DLNA®, Roku®, Amazon® Fire TV, and Google TV™ support with the support of Plex Media Server.
Disaster recovery solutions bring peace of mind
The TS-451+ offers various data recovery options. RTRR (Real-Time Remote Replication) supports real time and scheduled data backup to remote QNAP NAS or FTP servers and synchronizes files to remote folders from local folders with better backup efficiency. You can enjoy backup versioning to preserve a certain amount of versions, with options of simple versioning to schedule how many versions should be retained and for how long, or smart versioning with a rotation scheme that automatically replaces earlier backup versions. The TS-451+ also supports rsync protocol to back up data to remote servers on a scheduled basis. Data can also be backed up to and restored from a range of cloud storage services, including Amazon® S3, Amazon® Glacier, Microsoft® Azure™, ElephantDrive®, Dropbox®, Google Drive™, Google Cloud Storage™, and more.